Shared value meat processing for livestock producersMARTINSBURG — A free webinar is currently being available 6:30-8:30 p.m. on May perhaps 24 on shared expense meat processing for livestock producers.
Sign-up for totally free to reserve a place and show up at the webinar at https://clemson.zoom.us/webinar/sign up/WN_fdBQLnzKTo6gVkzj5dsNzw.
The webinar opens at 6 p.m., presentation begins at 6:30 p.m.
Immediate webinar thoughts and remarks to [email protected].
Farm diversification workshops suppliedMARTINSBURG — WVU Extension in Berkeley and Jefferson counties is providing a few on-farm workshops in the spots of rabbit generation, poultry processing and modest ruminant manufacturing.
These workshops are manufactured doable by a USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) Pandemic Support for Producers Initiative grant, enabling the capability to present supplies to the initial 20 farms/households that use in order to start or develop enterprises.
The dates and topic areas are as follows:
• Rabbit production 101 – May well 24 at 6 p.m. and will cover selecting breeds, treatment, routine maintenance and breeding rabbits at the Berkeley County Fairgrounds.
• Tiny-scale poultry processing – June 14 at 6 p.m. and will protect poultry generation, biosecurity and backyard processing at Red Home Farm, Bunker Hill.
• Obtaining commenced with tiny ruminants – July 7 at 6 p.m. and will protect compact ruminant nutrition, breeding and herd overall health and be held at Rawlings Farm, Summit Place.
To sign-up, pay a visit to www.rebrand.ly/FarmWorkshops.
Take note that they are not capping registration at 20, but any farms/people beyond that range will not be qualified for materials. These workshops are no cost and will connect with you forward of every date to validate attendance and deliver directions/parking information.
For more facts, contact Emily Morrow, Jefferson County Extension agent, at 304-728-7413, email [email protected] or Mary Beth Bennett, Berkeley County Extension agent, at 304-264-1936 or [email protected].
Maryland Beef Producers Brief system established for JuneKEEDYSVILLE, Md. — The College of Maryland is presenting a Maryland Beef Producers Shorter class series on “The Fundamentals of Beef Cattle Creation,” with the local system being supplied at the Western Maryland Exploration and Instruction Centre in Keedysville, Maryland, on June 3-4. The cost is $75 (involves all refreshments, lunches and instructional products).
For additional data about this two-day workshop, go to their website: https://ansc.umd.edu/extension/beef-extension/instructional-classes#sequence-i.
To sign up on line go to: https://umdbeef-collection1.eventbrite.com/.
Contact Racheal Slattery at [email protected] or cellular phone 301-405-1392 with any thoughts or concerns or to register through examine/hard cash.
Master Gardener education method accepting appsMARTINSBURG — Purposes are now available for the 2022 Fall Extension Grasp Gardener lessons that will start Aug. 15. Deadline to sign up is July 1.
For additional information and facts on the Grasp Gardener Software, go to: https://extension.wvu.edu/files/d/bdf70fa9-f174-4e76-b7e2-d00f8c0dd49b/berkeley-jefferson-emg-brochure-2019.pdf.
Crucial Upcoming Dates
• July 30- Aug. 6, 2022 – 75th Berkeley County Youth Reasonable
• Aug. 13–16, 2022 — 80th yearly West Virginia Dairy Demonstrate
• Aug. 11–20, 2022 — West Virginia Condition Honest
• Aug. 21–27, 2022 — Jefferson County Fair
Backyard garden suggestions
• Put in row covers to exclude bugs on cabbage and broccoli.
• Prune azaleas, viburnum, lilac and forsythia right after blooming
• Get started handle for cucumber beetles.
• Plant tomatoes and eggplant.
• Switch compost.
• Plant jack-o-lantern pumpkins.
• Prune tomatoes at first flowering.
• Plant an herb backyard.